LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

The Key to my Success

Tuesday, March 8, 2011


My life will not change unless I am the one to change it! I have to make IT happen!

I really need to make a few changes in my life so I can achieve 2 tasks I have set myself for this year. I know 2 tasks doesn't seem like a lot, but for me, they are big tasks. The first is to be able to run a 10 km Fun Run in December and the second task is to be at my goal weight of 60 kg when I do it. I would absolutely love to be at my goal weight by December 1, 2011.

I know that this is not going to happen with me sitting on the couch or just doing my exercise program that I have right now. I need to spice it up and work much harder. I also am well aware that my food has to change drastically. I haven't had chocolate since Christmas and I am not allowed to have any until Easter - I wonder what the Easter Bunny will bring me. I am hoping for one of those Darrell Lea soft and fluffy chocolate covered nougat eggs. With Easter so close Darrell Lea is already filled with these eggs and normally I would have already consumed at least 5 of them, but this year is different. As I have said in other posts, this year, 2011 is MY YEAR!

This is the nougat egg still in the box......

...Opened and ready to eat! A sweet creamy coconutty nougat, yummmo!

This is the chocolate shop it comes from (Darrell Lea) with shelves and shelves of chocolate and sugar treats.

More shelves of chocolate and sugar treats.

I am more determined than ever to reach my goal weight and that is way more important to me than a Darrell Lea Easter egg, but because they are the most delicious Easter treats ever I am going to let myself have one at Easter, just like I allowed myself to have my scorched almonds last Christmas. mmmmmm schorched almonds. That's enough fantasizing for now.

So, the key to my success is me, me and me. I am the only one who can change the way I look and the way I feel about my life. I hate being so overweight, I can't stand it, so why do I self-sabotage my weight loss efforts???? Why? Because I am an idiot perhaps. Just because I go to the gym and do a class or practice my running doesn't mean I can eat whatever I want to eat. According to my training widget I have earned 40 donuts, but I am not going to eat 40 donuts because I know what I have been through physically to earn that many donuts in the first place. Hey! I think I am finally learning something.

At the moment I am trying to focus more on my running as I have 2 months till my first 4 km Fun Run and I can't wait. I am gaining soooooo much inspiration from the running blogs that I follow - a huge favourite of mine is The Hungry Runner Girl. I love this blog because not only do I find Janae extremely motivational, but I find that I am learning from her running experience. Some of her running tips she recently put on her blog were - train in harsh conditions, don't try something new the week of the race and to be your own best friend. I love reading her running stories and how well she does in each one - Thanks Janae, you are a champion!!

Back to me, look in your hand, back at me (just love those Old Spice adds) For some reason, something I have always known has just suddenly clicked in my head. I am responsible for what actions I take and for what I put into my mouth. Why has it taken me sooooo long to get a grip on myself and take responsibility for me. My husband didn't make me fat, being pregnant didn't make me fat, it made me hungry, but I chose what to eat. Not being able to stomach anything that wasn't laden with sugar didn't help, but I still had choices and made all the "wrong" and "bad" ones. From now on I am going to make better, healthier choices and move more, a lot more and finally shift this extra weight that has been plaguing me since 1999.

I got my hair done yesterday so I didn't want to go for a run this morning cause I didn't want to ruin my hair. Any sign of moisture turns it back into an old frizzy mess - what is with that? What sort of an excuse is that? A lame one I think. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Here's a pic. for you to see. My hair is actually very curly so it's not often that it looks really nice and freshly blow dried. I am useless with a hair dryer and can't do my own hair. Also, please excuse my red face, it is still a little sun burned from Sunday's outing and I am not wearing any makup - if squeamish, please look away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...