LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

"Swap It, Don't Stop It"

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This is the latest health and activity campaign on TV and I must say, I like it!!! I like how it's not about giving things up completely, but just encouraging to swapping to a better alternative. Like the picture below, instead of watching TV with the dog and eating, take the dog for a walk.
There are other parts of the ad that shows swapping portion sizes of meals and even desserts. The balloon man swaps a 5 scoop ice-cream for a 1 scoop ice-cream. This is real life and very, very do-able. I think I may use the "swap it, don't stop it" mantra at home for everything I do now.

I have found that even though I do like the occasional sweet after dinner, I don't eat as much dessert as I used to. I used to fill my bowl to the brim with ice-cream, but now I find I only need a small scoop to get the same satisfaction. I mean, I never ate dessert because I was hungry, I ate it because I wanted it, I felt like something sweet and a small bowl or a small piece or even half a piece of cake is enough for me now. I guess that is a little bit of progress in the right direction.

Some nights when I want something sweet I just cut up an apple and have it with a vanilla yoghurt and the sweetness of both of those things hits the sweet spot for me and it's much better for me than ice-cream, especially on the hips.

So my new, well stolen mantra of "swap it, don't stop it" will take up permanent residency in my brain from now on so I can fit into my dream outfit. My dream outfit isn't glamorous or sexy, it's just a simple pair of jeans and a sleeveless top. These are 2 items that I haven't worn in years and I would just love to be able to wear them again.

I will be happy back in my size 12 jeans and tops and I can't wait to get there. I just need to stop the self sabotage, put my head down and focus on what I really want.

1 more sleep till my treadmill arrives, bring on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. that campaign is really cute!

    and hopefully you'll be rocking those two items soon!

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...