LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Barlow Girl

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

If you haven't heard of Barlow Girl, they are 3 sisters who have a band called, yes you guessed it, Barlow Girl.

They are a Christian band from Chicago. Now I'm not overly religious and I don't normally listen to Christian music, but I just adore this band. I love their sound and their music. I have a lot of favourite songs from them, but my all time favourite is Mirror.

It was this song (mirror) that first caught my attention. I loved the music and the harmonies and when I finally listened to the words I loved the song even more, here are the lyrics :

Mirror, mirror on the wall, have I got it?
Cause mirror you've always told me, who I am
I'm finding it's not easy, to be perfect
So, sorry, you won't define me,
Sorry, you don't own me.

CHORUS

Who are you to tell me that I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
(yeah, yeah)
I don't need to listen to the list of things I should do,
I won't try, no, I won't try.......

OK, well that's just the first verse and chorus. I know I have said it before, but I just love this song. Click here if you would like to listen to the song.

This song makes me feel good about me and helps me to believe in myself.

I just found the sheet music available for download, it must be my happy day. Off to download and make some noise - well, I have to wait for the kids to go to bed first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...