LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Virtual Workday

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

As I was vacuuming up copious amounts of popcorn that I didn't even get to enjoy, I was thinking about a blog called A Packable Feast and how cute the containers are that LikeyLou uses each day at work. Please don't ask me why I was thinking about this while I was cleaning up, I have no idea why it popped into my head, but I am glad it did.

Anyway, I thought that being able to actually leave the home and go to work would keep temptation at bay easier than being at home and having access to food constantly all day long so I got to thinking that :- Why don't I pretend that I am at work??? I know it sounds silly, but it may just work.

If I am "going" to work, I will have to get up at 5.45 am to workout. Get kids ready for their day, get myself ready for my day which would include having a nice healthy breakfast after my workout. Next I would have to pack myself food for the day. I will pack myself my lunch plus a morning and afternoon snack. Now because I am "going" to work and being so organised I will already know what is for dinner so I will have my calories planned out perfectly for the day.

I will have to put my lunch and snacks in the "work" fridge and only eat at the allocated times. Say, 10 am morning tea, 1 pm lunch, 4 pm afternoon tea, then dinner whenever I "get" home and get it ready.

Now, I know this sounds completely stupid, but maybe if I have some more structure in my food day it will be easier for me to continue on my journey and get rid of this ridiculous plateau I have been on for 100 years, OK, slight exaggeration, I'm not that old!! Besides, it's more of a shoving of food in my face issue rather than a real plateau, I have just been maintaining for ages and I want to see the scales go down again.

I looked at my weight tracker (iPhone App) this morning and logged in my latest weight stats and it said that "at this rate you will achieve your goal on 21 /06 /2022 - say what? 2022, last time I checked the outcome it said 2013 and I was disgusted with that. I want it to say 1 / 12 / 2012 - that's actually this year, not in 10 years time!!

I am off to plan my virtual workday meals and dinner for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! A while back I remember thinking I should act like I go to work daily as well just to make myself stay focused to get chores done and not spend all day on the computer. Of course, I consider working out as part of my chores, so I would leave for the gym right after youngest leaves to school.

    Here's to breaking plateaus ... even if they are simply caused by us. I'm with you on that one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant idea!
    Let me know how you get on :0)

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...