LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Soup in a Bowl - Fresh Pumpkin

Thursday, May 5, 2011

There are so many varieties of pumpkin soup around and I love them all, but none more than my very own *My Pumpkin Soup* - and such an original name as well.

I start by throwing :
  • 600 grams cubed pumpkin
  • 110 grams cubed sweet potato
  • 140 grams cubed potato
  • 100 gram diced onion
  • 70 grams of diced red capsicum (red bell pepper)
  • 80 gram carrot - grated
Just cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer for however long it needs simmering, it still needs to be sloppy enough to blend - I should write a cookbook with those magnificent instructions, I am sure it would be a best seller!

Here are some more fabulous instructions : when the hardest / toughest vegetable is soft, give it all a quick mash. It should look something like this (but without a camera cord hanging in the pot) -

Next I added a tablespoon of Black Chia Seeds. Just in case your eyes are as bad as mine, here is a close up so you can see the seeds. I sprinkled them in just after mashing (they are great for thickening things up a little). You can actually make a "thick gel" from these by soaking them in water - I am guessing it's like a vegan / gluten free gelatine.

After blending the vege mix I added 1/2 a cup of greek yoghurt - it gives the soup a little creaminess and a slight tang.

I just had to take this next photo because I thought the yoghurt swirl was pretty.

The end product is a homemade bowl of fresh pumpkin soup - my favourite.

This batch makes either 4 'normal' sized serves or 3 piggy serves - I went the piggy option and had 3 large serves.

The total dish is 665 calories which when broken into the 4 serves is a little over 166 calories each serve, but I am sure you could have worked that out for yourself (I needed a calculator - I am terrible at maths).

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 06, 2011

    Yum! Pumpkins are just so darn gooood. And so cheap at this time of year :0)

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...