LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

101 things in 1001 days - #111

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

#111 - Create a smoothie that I can actually finish

Some of you may know that I just love reading Peanut Butter Fingers. It's one of my favourite blogs and although it's not a weight loss blog it is all about healthy foods and fitness.

If you read PBF you will know that Julie is obsessed with smoothies, they are everywhere through her blog, she has them for breakfast and sometimes dinner as well. Anyway, Julie's passion, or rather obsession, for smoothies inspired me to try and make some of my own. I have been trying to create one for several weeks now that I haven't had to throw out because it was so gross. Well I have finally done it.

Into my blender went :
  • 1 frozen banana (80 calories)
  • 1 tbs of cocoa powder (20 calories)
  • 1 cup of Physical skim milk (110 calories)
  • 20 gms of baby spinach (4 calories)
  • 5 gms of slivered almonds (40 calories)
All for a total of 254 calories (that's if I have added it up correctly).

Out of my blender came this : ChocBana Smoothie

*This glass is actually my water glass and has a nearly 600ml capacity*

I'm not going to say that it was so delicious that it's all I am going to consume for the next year (imagine how skinny I would be), but I will say that I finished it and I will definitely make it again, the cocoa powder really made it, but maybe that's because I am totally biased when it comes to chocolate.

I think next time I will leave the almonds out as I couldn't taste them and they are high in calories - they did add a little crunch though, but I don't think you are supposed to have crunch in a smoothie :)

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 05, 2011

    Green smoothies are the best - so good for our bods. Try a handful of oats for a creamy consistency. Sounds weird but it is really good!
    If you are not into the wee bits of spinach floating in your smoothie, try juicing the spinach and then add it to your blender.
    I often add chia seeds or spirulina to my smoothies for an added bit of goodness

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 05, 2011

    PS- how about I join you on the winter challenge? If you are keen email me :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read through your list - they look great! Looking forward to seeing your achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Im so nervous about doing the tough bloke challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...