LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Please Sir, I want some more - Sleep!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I wish I could sleep like this!
I have been having so much trouble sleeping lately it is really starting to bug me.  There were a few good nights this week where I actually felt tired and wanted to go to sleep, but unfortunately for everyone in my family it didn't last.  I love my sleep and when I don't get enough I can be really bitchy cranky.

With a good night sleep, I can handle all the things thrown at me (including the toys) during the day, but when my sleep is lacking, so is my mood.  I have been overdosing on tea because it is usually one thing that helps me relax, but the last couple of days it just isn't doing it's job (stupid tea), but I know that's only because of my lack of sleep.  I have been doing my workouts despite my best attempts of trying to talk myself out of them because I don't really feel like it and I am tired.  Luckily for me, my mind surprisingly says "NO, you are going to do it, you will feel better for it" and I do.  

The last few days, I have really been struggling on the treadmill.  The first 20 mins doing my DVD is going well and the burn is practically non-existent now (time for level 2), but I am really feeling it in my treadmill workouts.  On Monday I really had to force myself to keep going.  I really, really wanted to stop at minute 17, but I made myself finish it because it was only a 30 min workout and I knew I would feel as though I had let myself down by not finishing it.  Today's workout felt much the same, but again I pushed myself to finish and I'm glad I did. 


Today's workout consisted of day 10 of the 30 Day Shred DVD.  As I said before, the burn in this is very minimal now so I am definitely ready for level 2 and I  have no doubt, no doubt whatsoever that the burn will return 3 fold.  I am actually looking forward to the next level as I am starting to get a little bored with the same routine over and over.  I came across another Jillian Michaels DVD today, something about trouble zones, it goes for 50 mins.  I don't think I am quite ready for 50 mins of Jillian just yet, but I am going to make it a goal of mine to be able to complete it.

Anyhooo, back to today - I completed the DVD then completed another 30 mins on the treadmill.  Just like Monday, I really wasn't feeling it and really wanted to stop after about 6 mins into it.  Not wanting to feel like a complete loser I just told myself to shut up and get on with it.  I was going to do Day 2 of my 200 squats, but my legs just couldn't handle it, I was already struggling with my running intervals so I decided to try again with the squats tomorrow.  

*HRM Stats*


I realised this afternoon just how tired I am when I handed Miss 3 some toilet paper  (I have to hide the toilet paper otherwise the whole role ends up in the bowl) and told her to "just drink that."  All I need is a good nights sleep and a better sleeping routine and I will be able to focus much better.  I suppose it doesn't really help when I get woken at 3 am by a child screaming "I have sprinkles in my eye" - no more fairy bread for you! 

3 comments:

  1. lack of sleep is such a culprit for so many things..

    your doing great given the lack of it.

    hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have terrible sleep problems most of the time. :( Something to try that would help you drift off is Melatonin. Your body makes it naturally and you can take an herbal supplement that will give you a little extra to help you fall asleep. I don't use it often at all, but sometimes after a several day stint of tossing and turning, it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to stop any run within the first few minutes...almost like I'm surprised it's going to be hard and I'm going to start sweating, like...is that what I signed up for?

    But it usually passes and I feel better about myself. Hurrah for pushing through! It feels like an amazing accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...