LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

The Week in Review : Week 5

Thursday, July 14, 2011


*Restart Review - Week 5*


Finally, a decent loss :
under 100!!!!

Again this week, I have no complaints about my exercise.  I have been continuing with my 30 Day Shred DVD and am onto level 2 today.  I am actually excited about it and eager to find out what is in store for me, what torture is Jillian going to put me through today.  Apart from my tired legs (and eyes), my treadmill workouts have been going well.  I am still really enjoying the interval workouts.  

I have come to realise that I love having an exercise plan to follow.  (1) It makes the time on the treadmill go so much faster and (2) it keeps me going.  I know that if I am just going to walk or run so many kms, after 10 mins I will probably just stop by telling myself that I'm too tired etc, but having the plan to follow, when I do get to that point of wanting to stop I can see that I only have 15 mins or so to go.  I just push myself a little bit more and before I know it, my workout it done.

My portion sizes were good this week and I didn't have a second helping of anything.  I actually got myself out of that habit last year, but lately it has started to creep back in.   I still really need to work on my planning and tracking of my food - this is my downfall.  It can't get much worse so all I need to do now is improve in this area and I will definitely get to goal.

The Good
  • I lost weight
  • I didn't have any hot chocolates, keeping me out of my danger zone!
  • I exercised
  • I was very careful with my portion sizes
  • I didn't have any pizza (I wonder if this is because I didn't tell myself that I couldn't have it?)
  • I didn't deprive myself - I had my meringue
  • I didn't overeat
The Bad
  • I didn't drink as much water as I should have
  • I am not sleeping much and it is making me feel really lethargic
  • I only half planned and tracked
  • I'm still behind on my weight loss chart from where I should be
The Ugly
  • I don't really have anything ugly this week - it was a pretty smooth week and I had a good loss

This Week :

I Won't . . . . . . . . . .
  • Won't eat my weekly 49 pp's
  • Have low fat processed snacks
  • Eat when I am not hungry
  • Eat my feelings
I Will . . . . . . . . . .
  • Save points for extras
  • Plan and track my food (I am yet to master this skill)
  • Have only healthy snacks
  • Drink all of my water
  •  


    My Health Blitz swaps have been going really well, but I really need to write them down and put them on the fridge so I don't forget what I am swapping.  The things I have been swapping are becoming habit forming which is what I was hoping for when I started the blitz.

    Week 4 Review
    Week 3 Review
    Week 2 Review
    Week 1 Review

    7 comments:

    1. AnonymousJuly 14, 2011

      That is awesome!! Under 100 - well done!! Thank you for your comment the other day I have fallen off the wagon big time but will re-focus and post a blog about that later. Anyway glad to see you are doing so well, congrats!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. WOOOO HOOO UNDER 100!!!! Well done, hope you did a happy dance.

      ReplyDelete
    3. AnonymousJuly 16, 2011

      That's awesome, congrats!
      You are a good little planner! I do much better when I make a plan for myself as well, especially when I schedule my workout! Otherwise it may not happen.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love your plans,well done on the weight loss and exercise this week, i love hot chocolate and forget to drink more water..

      Thanks for the following,
      following back :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. sounds like you are doing awesome! Congrats!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi from a new follower! Visiting from my FF Blog Hop :)

      I love the idea of a week in review post. It makes you look at the good, the bad and the ugly and make changes if needed and celebrate the successes. Thanks for linking up!

      Blog: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

      FB: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

      ReplyDelete
    7. Great Job! Love it! Thanks for linking up to my "Fitness Fridays"
      Hope to see you back.

      www.sparkleandbugs.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    Of Possible Interest

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...