LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

The Ultimate Pants Challenge

Monday, July 25, 2011

I am on a journey to a size 12 (US size 8 & UK size 10) which is a healthy height and weight ratio for me.  Luckily I already have a size 12 outfit hanging in my closet - my dream outfit :

*Dream Outfit*


Thanks to an idea I found over at Life with 4 Girls I decided to pull my outfit out, which has been sitting in my closet for over 2 years (disgraceful, I know, I am so ashamed) and try it on.  I knew it wouldn't fit, but I was curious as to how I have progressed towards my pair of jeans.

I took a photo which isn't pretty so if you are a little squirmish, please look away :


My four year old was quick to point out "you're too big for those" something I already knew but I was so glad to have had a second opinion.  The pants were tight, tight, tight, uncomfortable, squishy and tight and as I predicted, they were no-where-near doing up.  I am surprised though that I managed to squash my legs into them without the seams ripping to shreds.  The legs were really, really tight and the pants themselves are sitting just below my hips so if I had of turned around you would have gotten a nasty surprise in the shape of my bottom.

I am going to take a photo of myself in these pants each week to see how my progress (if any) is going.  I think it will make a nice change from purely relying on the scales each week.  It may even help with the motivation to keep going - being able to wear my jeans vs a number on the scale.  I can use any form of motivation so I say "why not!"

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! A much better indicator of progress than just the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! A much better indicator of progress than just the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! (cute outfit - btw) I don't have a goal outfit, but I'm thinking I may have to go check one out for the future. I'm looking forward to seeing you IN the outfit, with everything all done up properly - YOU CAN DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 26, 2011

    I had a picture of me in my pants on my last blog... my picture was bad.

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...