LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

The Week in Review

Thursday, September 15, 2011


*Weigh-in*
98.6 kg (217 lbs)
- 200 grams

*Weekly Review*

I have been to the doctors more in the last few weeks than I have in my entire life.  There is always a minimum of a 40 min wait at the doctors cause he is busy, but I don't mind because it's like ME time.  I get away from the house and I just play on my iPhone, it's very relaxing.

Acupuncture
As well as my back looking like a pin cushion, he put one in my foot and I just wanted to rip it out.  It wasn't hurting, but it was really itchy.  I tried to scratch it, but I learned the hard way that it's best to stay still when you have needles in your back!

Chiropractor
The next morning my husband made an appointment for me at the Chiropractor.  I was in and out within 10 mins and that included the waiting time.  She felt my leg muscles and started to really pinch around my inner thigh area - it DID NOT tickle.  As the tears started to roll down my face she announced  "got it"  - my adductor muscle was twisted.  I am so thankful that my muscle wasn't twisted on my left side.  She also checked my back, which was fine because she had already sorted the problem out.  Apparently, the abductor muscle is connected to the adductor muscle and the twist was causing the back pain - I think. 

My back is so much better today, but one of the muscles is still inflamed and there is still some pain because of that.  I have some more pin cushion therapy next week and I am hoping it will be my last session.

The Good
  • I lost 200 grams - wooooo

The Bad
  • My food choices could have been a lot better

*Challenges*

This Week :

I Won't . . . . . . . . . .
  • Go over my points
  • Eat carbs at dinner time

I Will . . . . . . . . . .
  • Track before I eat
  • Drink my water
  • Exercise

*Health Blitz*

Week 13 :
 I will SWAP my bigger dinner meal for my smaller lunch meal

*86 days*
 

*Thursday Morning Thought*
Will women EVER be truly happy with their own bodies??

These picture tells me that although these women are strong and fit with bodies that almost any other woman on the planet would kill for, they still weren't happy in their own skin. I'm basing my conclusion on the very ample, very unnatural breasts.  It also makes me wonder if these women are still searching for more, for better?

What does it say to you??

2 comments:

  1. I have actually never been to the chiropractor, or had any kind of pin therapy. The pin therapy is intriguing, but I'm not sure how I would feel about it...

    Annnd nope, we won't ever be happy with our own bodies. I'm pretty sure everyone with a "perfect body" still finds something to complain about. That is just my opinion.

    Instead of striving for what our society thinks is the "perfect body" I think we should just go by how we feel. I try not to get caught up in weight and sizes, but more how I FEEL in my body. This helps me keep a positive body image :) because it's okay if my body isn't "perfect", and I don't even know what perfect IS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comments on whether or not those women are totally happy with their bodies. Also, I don't think people are every 100% content - I know it's something I strive for, but have days when I'm not content at all.

    Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...