LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Bits 'n' Pieces

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Like my title says, I've been training in bits and pieces!  I have a good day then a non-day and it just keeps repeating itself.  A few good days here and there isn't going to help me achieve my goals.  

I need to be consistent, which is proving difficult at the moment, for example, today is my "day off".  Alan's at work, Hayden and Ava are at school, Holly and Christian are supposed to be at kindy, but Holly has a throat infection and Christian won't go to kindy without her so my gym session for today is gone.  

That might sound a little weird saying my gym session is gone, so I think I should explain that the membership I have allows me access to the pool at any time, but I am only allowed in the gym between 12 pm and 5 pm Monday to Friday and any time on the weekend.  I'm probably being el-cheapo but the way I have my membership set up saves me $40 a month which is going into an account for school books and uniforms for 2013 - I suppose that's the responsible mother and budgeter (I just made that word up) in me coming out.

Anyhoo, I have gone way off topic, what was I talking about - CONSISTENCY!!!  Where is mine?  I want it and I know I need it so this week I am going to focus on being more consistent.  If I can't get to the gym, I will just swap my days around.  Alan works the night shift tomorrow so he can watch the kids and I can do today's gym workout tomorrow instead - Voila, problem solved.  I must learn to become consistent because.......


*Weigh-in*

I am down 300 grams (10 oz) this week, which gives me a loss of 18.3 kg (40 lbs).  I am still a week or two away from the 20kg, but I am really looking forward to getting there.  Every time I go to eat something I repeat to myself 20 kilos, 20 kilos and then decide whether the food is really worth it.  It's not a bad strategy and it seems to be working for me.

*Weekly Give Ups*

Last week I gave up dessert and to my surprise I really didn't miss it.  The only night I had dessert was Sunday because it was mothers day and my husband went to the trouble of putting an apple pie in the oven for himself me.

Speaking of mothers day, I hope all the mums out there had a wonderful day and got lots of presents like me, well not exactly like me.  I got the usual mothers day stall gifts from school and kindy and then a heap of "presents" from fart face the hubster to open.  To my surprise all the "presents" were actually already mine, he had just wrapped up things he found in my handbag and general items from around the house as well.

I also got a huge box of Cadbury Favourites chocolates........


........and was promptly told "those aren't for you, the thought was for you".  I also got a beautiful bunch of freshly cut flowers from the neighbour's gardens flowers, which the cat chewed on.  So wishing all the mums a happy mothers day (better late than never).

I am way off topic again!  This week I will be giving up.....thinking.......any sort of takeaway.  If I feel the urge for delicious, freshly made pizza, I will kick it to the curb and make my own fresh homemade version.  I will also be sticking with the no dessert thing just to make sure I really get rid of the habit.


Nothing else to report, but if I did, I think I would probably digress again and end up writing another 10 pages or so.  Enjoy your day :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote !!! So so true.

    Well done on the loss - good work !!

    Love the idea of giving up something for a week - great idea. This week I am just trying to really watch what I eat during the week - have found my extras from the weekend have been creeping into the week - that is when the weight starts to go up again.

    Have a great week and keep up the great job you are doing with your exercise - you talk to me every time I think of being lazy and not exercising !!!!

    Love, hugs and positive energy.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cute! :)

    Consistency has been my problem as well, thus the slow loss. But (and thank you for putting your weights in pounds as well, by the way) you are down 40 pounds = awesome!!

    Keep at it. This is a learning journey and, if you're like me, you are changing a lifetime of habits. Not easy, but oh so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...