LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday tHighlights & Singing

Thursday, June 14, 2012


*Weigh-in*
97.5 kg (215 lbs)
+ 1.4 kg (3 lbs)

*Weekly Review*

There isn't much to report here as I really didn't do much this week.  Exercise was minimal and food was okay.  The scales didn't say what I wanted them to, but sometimes the scales lie to me.  I did however semi-conquer a huge fear of mine!!

One of my greatest fears is public speaking and so much so that I actually did the majority of my Education degree by correspondence just to avoid the oral presentations.  Last Saturday night, not only did I get up in front of a small crowd of about 20 - 25 people, but I actually sang a song, using an actual microphone in a singing competition.  I purposely chose the heat (4 heats) with the least amount of people in it cause it meant that I would be singing in front of the smallest crowd.

I love to sing, but have only ever done it in the school choir and would always refuse solos.  I was happy with the rest of the pack as it was easier to hide, to blend in.  Recently, just before Easter, I started singing lessons and as of 3 weeks ago, I moved into a group class.  When I say group class, I mean me, the singing teacher and 1 other lady and we have a huge amount of fun.  Sarah my teacher somehow convinced me to go in the competition.  I think the fact that the competition was beginners only helped me feel better, anyway, I ended up agreeing and last Saturday was the big event.

To my total and complete dismay (and horror), I made the top 10 which means I am in the final and have to do it again this Saturday!  I was pleased and happy that someone thought I was good enough to be in the final, but I am also scared and nervous about having to do it again.  I just keep telling myself that if I did it once, I can do it again.

I must


in myself more :)

The Good
  • I was careful with what I ate, but obviously not careful enough.

The Bad
  • I didn't exercise as much as I should have.

The Ugly
  • I gained 1.4 kg


*This Weeks Challenges*


I Won't . . . . . . . . . .
  • Eat carbs after 5pm 
    • I know this can sound silly and extreme, but limiting my carbs to breakfast and lunch really does have an effect on my weight loss
  • Eat white bread
  • Count calories
    • I know this sounds weird, but I have had more success in the past when I have simply focused on eating healthy, nutritious foods instead of counting calories

I Will . . . . . . . . . .
  • Pre-plan all of my meals
  • Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water
  • Exercise for a minimum of 30 mins a day

*Health Blitz*

My Healthy Blitz is making a come back cause I have decided to go back to doing what I know works for me and I know that I was really committed and focused when I started the health blitz.  This week I will be swapping boredom eating with a minimum of 5 mins on the stepper.  I figured 5 mins was long enough cause the stepper is manual and really old, meaning it's hard to use.

*358 days*
 

*In the Kitchen*

This week I made a new smoothie.  I called it the :

Bluenana Berry Smoothie

  • 250 mls Coconut Water
  • 1 frozen Banana
  • 125g (1 punnet) frozen Blueberries
  • 2 handfuls of Spinach
  • 1 serve Chocolate Whey Protein Powder **I only used this cause I got a free sample sachet, but I am extremely glad I did.  It added a nice, subtle chocolate flavour to the smoothie.

 


This smoothie was thick and creamy!  Even though it has 2 handfuls of spinach in it, the blueberries totally dominated the usual green colour making it a pretty pinkish hue.  Can't be unhappy with pink :)


*Thursday Thoughts*

Please share with me......

  • Do you count calories? 
  • What is your favourite go-to / low on time exercise to do?
  • Have you noticed any food events that really have an effect on your weight?
    • Eating after a certain time?
    • Is there a Particular type of food you need to avoid?
    • Do you still allow yourself occasional treats? 

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS !!! I am so proud of you ! Well done. I totally understand your fear of talking in front of people - I am exactly like that - so I take my hat off to you for getting up and singing and then going through to the next round - good for you !!!!

    That smoothie sounds delicious - will have to give it a try.

    It's good to have goals - makes you feel like you are aiming for something and not just aimlessly moving along.

    Have the best rest of the week and I'll be holding thumbs and thinking of you on Saturday night (we will be at the Suns game probably freezing our butts off !!!!)

    Love, hugs and positive energy.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's been over a month and I hope yiu're doing well.

    I was going to say "enjoying summer break", but en I realized....you're in winter , correct? :)

    Anyhow, thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah, I've been MIA for the last month and a bit and have definitely paid the price in kilos (11 lbs). I am back and ready to focus now and am really looking forward to catching up on all my favourite blogs - they really do keep me motivated xx

      Delete
  3. Hi! It's been over a month and I hope yiu're doing well.

    I was going to say "enjoying summer break", but en I realized....you're in winter , correct? :)

    Anyhow, thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai your post is really informative or helpful for me keep it up and check also my blog is very informative i write itself Trick Of Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smoothie looks good.. I couldn't count calories to save my life.:)

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...