LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

On Track

Thursday, July 8, 2010


I am finally feeling as though I am back in control of my WW journey. I went off track for a while and was so embarrassed and ashamed of myself that I didn't want to get back on the boards so all I did was put on most of the weight I had already lost. Eventually I just sucked it up and came back and I am back on track. I even turned down a packet of cashews from my husband's work yesterday, luckily I had my handy points calculator with me and worked them out to be 5 points and realised that the cashews just weren't worth it but I am starting to see that I am worth it. I need to be here for my family, I want to see the children grow up, I want to be a grandmother so now I can finally say it - I AM WORTH IT, we all are.

I am sure I am not the only one out there who feels a sense of self-loathing. I always feel like I don't deserve things. I don't get my hair done, I rarely wear make up or nice clothes cause I feel like I don't deserve to look nice or I don't think I could look nice. I think part of the reason I feel this way is because when I enter a shop I always get ignored and everyone else seems to be getting served whether they were there before me or not. The worst are those young girls working in clothes shops who think they are perfect and even though they look perfect they don't seem like very nice people, always looking down on me thinking they are better because they are thin. I actually feel sorry for them now and don't let it bother me anymore.

For me to tell myself that I am worth it and that I do deserve it shows me that my head space is getting better. I am finally getting to where I want to be and I know that I can have the healthy and happy life that I want, that I deserve to have.

We all deserve the right to feel good about ourselves and we are all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Loving yourself is so important in making the changes for success. Sounds like you are on the right track
    Welcome back
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for getting back on track, easy to lose focus when it all seems to hard. But what you said was right, you ARE worth it. You will get there. Self loathing is definitely a problem, I think I have that too, or more like I look after everyone else before I look after myself. I always put myself last, but I'm seeing it now that I need to put myself FIRST sometimes because I am important. My family NEEDS me and if I need to look after myself for their sake then that's what I am going to do.

    Welcome back Effie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to read you are back on track. There is nothing harder than getting back on track!!

    Thank you for the comment on my blog - my nephew was very happy with his cake!! :o) I think it's a great idea to be in charge of the cake like you said and get something you don't like! :o)

    That is scary about your 3 year old liking coke though - ahhhhh. I can imagine you were horrified when you found out.

    It's great that you have started to see you are worth it - I hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...