LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Body Attack

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am liking this class more and more each week! Louisa is great, she gives 3 options to each move - level 1, 2 or 3. She says "it's your workout, you choose how hard you want to work". She is always encouraging us to try a higher level taking us out of our comfort zones and if you can't keep up just drop back a level and then try again. It is a really fast paced class and I sweat (yes, I know it's not lady like) like crazy, my face goes bright red which can be really embarrassing, but I would rather be a little embarrassed than stay at a size 22+.

After Attack I did some cardio starting with the stepper - OMG!!!! I nearly died. I had only planned to do 10 mins and I barely made that. My legs, well more my thighs, were killing me and I really wanted to stop but something that Louisa said during Attack made me push myself to finish the 10 mins and the rest of my cardio session. I am so glad I did because it certainly paid off with my calories and steps. I did 14,452 steps for the day, more than half of those were from Attack and my cardio workout and I burned 1339 calories.

I now have a little mantra, thanks to Louisa, that I can repeat to myself during my self-induced pain sessions at the gym when I just want to give up - "The minute you stop, nothing changes". That was all she said, but for some reason it has really had an effect on me. I suppose it's because it is extremely true. I got myself to where I am (was) and I am the only person who can change myself now. If I do stop I will stay where I am now and I am nowhere near finished on this journey, I still have a long way to go and I am looking forward to the rest of this journey and all the challenges along the way. I now know that I can beat my inner-demons and I will win this journey.

"The minute you stop, nothing changes" I love it, so simple and so true.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are burning some serious calories! Way to go! One of my favourite sayings is along the same lines: "nothing changes if nothing changes". So simple so powerful! Keep up the good work :)

    Hope

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...