LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Believe It, Be It

Monday, November 22, 2010

First up - I lost 400gms this week, not a huge amount, but a loss is a loss. I only went to the gym a couple of times and I didn't track, but I am starting to get my head around the new Pro Points and I have re-vamped my exercise timetable so I am hoping that I will see at least a 1kg loss next week.

I read Believe It, Be It, by Ali Vincent on Saturday. My husband finally had a weekend off and the kids were entertaining themselves with him so it gave me a little more spare time so I picked up my new book and apart from all the usual child interruptions - you know - I need to go to the toilet, I want something to eat, I want a drink, I need to go to the toilet (again), I'm hungry (still?) and so on I managed to read the book. It did take me till 2am, but I just wanted to finish it.

For me it was just one of those books that you can't put down. I know there will be many people who would disagree with me, but I just love Ali Vincent and the insight into how the Biggest Loser works was really interesting. She was saying that on their "day off", which just means no gym or trainers they have a filming schedule to stick to. I am guessing it's where we see all those bits when they are talking to the camera about what's going on. Then there's the diary room, it looks more like a home video - Ali referred to it as the confessional and they are asked to go everyday and talk about whatever they want. The contestants are even given a schedule of what time they have to be in the kitchen and having breakfast or doing something so it can all go on camera. The episode where they had their make-overs, they had to be up at 3am to get to the shops before they opened so they could get their clothes. It is a really full on schedule and not just with the exercise which is usually 6-8 hours a day, a few hours with Bob and Jillian and the rest is their "homework" that they have to do by themselves.

I had a good day on Sunday, I finally made it back to the gym where I did my normal weights session, but I only did the weights, there was no cardio as I had other stuff to do as well, but it turned out OK cause by the time we finished walking around the city and taking the kids to Santa Land I had done well over 10,000 steps. I am sore in a couple of areas today, which is where I increased the weights a little so even though it hurts, it's a good hurt cause I know that I worked hard and that I am doing something to better myself. I was going to say get rid of my blubber, but after reading Believe It, Be It, I have learned that I shouldn't put myself down, (even when joking) that there is only room for positives in my life from now on.

When I did my warm up at the gym yesterday for my weights I actually ran for the 5 mins. I normally just plod along walking, but yesterday I just decided to run - well jog it. I didn't think I would make the whole 5 mins, but I did. I know it may sound silly, but being able to run for 5 mins without stopping is huge for me - I was a little excited about it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...