LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

I Ran, I Ran!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

As of today I have 74 days to go before the Mother's Day Classic 4k Fun Run and it will be my first one running. It is all very new and exciting for me to actually run one of these events!

This morning I was supposed to do my Swiss Ball class and if you aren't there at least 10 mins before it starts it is practically impossible to get a ball and a decent spot in the room so as I was running late this morning I thought to myself (a) just skip the gym and stay home or (b) just go and do some treadmill stuff. Thankfully I went with option (b) and I am sooooooo glad that I did.

I set the treadmill for 4 kms and hit the start button, now I know that this may seem really small and trivial to some (or most) people, but I actually ran for 10 whole mins without stopping!!! I did a 5 min warm up walk and then I planned to run the next 5 mins, but when I got there I felt as though I could keep going. It wasn't until the 7th min of running that I started to feel it, the first 6 mins just zoomed by with ease so I was really pleased with that. When I got to 7 mins I just pushed myself and kept telling myself "I can do this" over and over in my head and I managed to run for the 10, then I slowed the machine down and walked a bit, then ran, walked, ran and so on until my 4 kms was up.

I was on a gradient of 1% the whole time, my PI was 18, my average speed was 6.6 and my average heart rate was 155. My session worked out to be 36.19 mins in total with a combined running total of 19 mins. I didn't think I would ever be able to do something like this without someone standing next to me forcing me to do it. It felt so good to be able to accomplish this task and I am now thinking that there is no reason why I won't be able to run the whole 4 kms on the day if I could do what I did today. I still have plenty of training days ahead and at the moment I still have plenty of drive and determination to go with it.

So far this week I have completed 2 of my 6 days of the exercise challenge :




I have done days 1 & 3, but missed day 2 because I was totally slack. Not a good excuse as there are no excuses, I was just having a lazy day - BOO me. Anyway back on track today, but I still have to really work on tracking all my food. Tracking, for some reason, is what I find the hardest thing for me to do and it should be the easiest - just write down what I eat! Why do I have sooooo much trouble with this? This has been a long-set issue of mine and I have to change it so I am off to read other blogs and the WW boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...