LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Good-bye Summer......

Wednesday, March 2, 2011


....Hellooooooo Autumn - Woooooo Hooooooo - I love Autumn and Winter! Sorry for all of those out there who love summer, but I don't. I never have and I don't think I ever will. My mum loves summer and it is beyond her that someone, especially me, her daughter, doesn't like the heat. It's not just about the heat, even though that's a big part of it, but there's more to it than that for me.

I love the way the trees change colour in autumn, the reds, the oranges, the golds and even the browns and how the trees are followed by the bareness of winter to reveal a sense of innocence, newness, getting ready for a fresh start in the spring.

Autumn to me is like the "New Year" where nature is getting ready to start again. I look at it as though I am starting to shed the past and put it all behind me. I try to let go of all the bad memories and hard times and get ready to create a new beginning with new memories and this is exactly how I am going to look at my weight loss journey as well.

I am going to put all the failures I have encountered on my journey behind me, they can fall away with the leaves as they leave the trees. I will be very happy not to see those failures ever again. It is time for me to re-focus and think about what I really want and how I am going to get to where I want to be.

So far my Fun Run has been a good start as it has given me something new to look forward to. I am enjoying my "training", I use that word lightly as I feel weird saying that I am in training cause it makes me sound like an athlete which I am not! I am however, 100% fitter now than I was at this time last year and I am at least 10 kilos lighter as well so those are 2 really good positives for me to focus on.

Another 2 positives for me to focus on are : (1) I want to run a 10 km Fun Run in December (blast you summer) and (2) I want to be at my goal weight when I do it. These are the 2 biggest things, regarding my weight journey, that I want out of 2011. I know I can achieve these goals by working hard, but I also know and believe that I have the determination to do it, to achieve these 2 tasks.

To be at goal and fit enough to run 10 kms without stopping by 1 December 2011, I will need to change a few things :
  1. I will not over-obsess about the scales - I will weigh-in fortnightly - NOT daily
  2. I will track every single thing that enters my mouth & eat as healthily as possible - NO take away
  3. I will take my measurements once a month
  4. I will exercise consistently 
  5. I WILL learn to like & believe in myself
It's time for a new beginning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...