LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Needs and Wants

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I don't need chocolate, chips, ice-cream, biscuits, coke, lollies, cakes, donuts, lamingtons, pavlova, caramel sauce, meringues or anything else that is sweet, delicious and filled with useless calories. I do need good nutritious food and plenty of exercise to get myself back to a healthy normal weight. I also need the good foods as fuel to help me run as far as I can go.

I am soooo tired of being obese! Although I am not classed as morbidly obese anymore, I am still considered (on all the charts) as obese. Just reducing my weight status from morbidly obese to just obese is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!! I don't want to be obese.
I want to be slim. I want to be fit. I want to feel good about myself. I want to be classed in the "healthy" weight range. I want to be here for my family. I want to see my kids grow up. I want to see my kids get married. I want to be a grandmother.

My promise to myself is that I am going to limit any tempting sweets to special occasions only. I know I can do this as I haven't had any chocolate (except 2 hot chocolate drinks) since Christmas. I was having chocolate everyday and I don't mean a piece here or there. I'm talking about a block of chocolate and not a small one either.

Those days are gone forever. I no longer walk down the confectionery aisle at the supermarket drooling down my shirt anymore. I rarely even go down that aisle anymore with the only exception being when my hubby asks for something specific. The same also goes for the soft drink, chips and snacks as well. I now spend most of my time in the fruit and veg. section.

Since doing my no chocolate challenge (which is supposed to end on Easter Sunday, but I think I will extend it), I don't have the desire to eat all of this rubbish anymore. I still get the occasional craving which is when I most likely gave into a hot chocolate while out at the shops. I also still have the odd diet coke every now and then, well more than that I have 1 maybe 2 a week, which I feel I need to do. I know that if I deprive myself completely of all my bad habits, I will end up binging on anything and everything that I can possibly shove into my mouth.

I am determined to continue on with my no chocolate challenge after Easter as well. I find that the less chocolate I eat the less chocolate I crave and it also helps with the other sweet cravings. I find lately that if I do eat something sweet it's more out of habit than need or want cause a lot of the time I just eat it for the sake of eating it and a lot of the time I don't even really enjoy it - was that me? Did I just say that? I must be sick!

I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE, I DO NOT NEED CHOCOLATE - my new mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...