LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Something to Think About

Saturday, April 23, 2011

One of my favourite blogs to read is Peanut Butter Fingers and every time I am reading what Julie has been up to I find something new to admire and love about her.

Today I came across an old post of hers called Midnight Leap Frog. It is a post she wrote while away on a weekend with her mother and sister. The thing I truly love about this post is how it shows Julie's dedication to herself and the healthy lifestyle she embraces and loves so much.

It actually made me feel a little sad with how slack my dedication to my journey has been lately. But, at the same time, I have also been given a new sense of dedication to give to myself. I feel a bit like I have been punched in the face with the reality that if I WANT it (goal weight) then I HAVE to make it happen.

No one is going to do this for me! I certainly don't have a fairy Godmother who is going to wave a magic wand (or pay for lipo) and make me thin. It's time for me to believe in myself and believe that I can do this and that it isn't a waste of my time, because I will get there. It's up to me and me alone - I don't mind being alone, after all, "silence is golden".

Sidenote : my youngest daughter saw the above picture of Julie and so sweetly asked "is that you mummy?" Naturally I couldn't do anything but laugh. I eventually managed an "I wish". Aren't children adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...