LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Good Bye Diet Coke, Hello Health Blitz

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

After exploring blogs this morning, I came across a post about Operation Healthy written by Lindsey at Happy or Hungry. Her motivation was that she wasn't feeling too good after the weekend of 'treats' she had eaten and needed to get back into the swing of making better choices for herself.

Lindsey has inspired me to do a health blitz of my own and the first thing on the list is Diet Coke. It has got to go. The goal is to simply swap one for the other : biscuit = apple. I know there will be times when an apple just won't do the trick, but if I keep this up long enough, eventually I won't even need to think about it and I will head straight for that apple. I am hoping to break old habits while creating new, healthy ones.

I will start with one this week and then add a new *Blitz* each week.

This weeks Health Blitz :
  • Diet coke = Water

"The future depends on what we do in the present."

- Mahatma Gandhi

5 comments:

  1. Good on you. I'm not that game. This week I decided to reduce the amount of coke I drink, and also ensure I drink at least 1.5 litres of water.
    Given I usually drank perhaps a glass of water a day, this is a good start for me. Gosh I wish I could not drink Coke, it's just so darn good! Baby steps. Look forward to seeing how you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 21, 2011

    Great move Jane!

    There is a little something for you over at my blog.... Delicious!! Thanks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 23, 2011

    Yay! Thanks for the shout-out Jane! :)
    I have tried to cut out DC as well, though I LOVE it... but sadly, it doesn't do anything for your bod.

    I love water, and you can always spruce it up with lemon or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane ... I'm another addict ... Diet Coke or Pepsi Max. I gave it up a while ago and then it crept back into my life. It's acutally one of my 101 things to cut it for a year (obviously once I've done that I won't need it any more!) I'm on week two at the moment. It really is so bad for you - go the water option you body will appreciate it! Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...