LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Confessions of a Husband

Wednesday, July 6, 2011


In case you didn't know, I LOVE meringues - any size, shape or colour. Meringues are my serious weakness! Thanks to my Health Blitz, I have been able to limit myself to one of these babies a week and I can't wait to have it. I cherish every single bite. I have no trouble saving myself 3 Pro Points a week to indulge myself.

My husband knows I love them and with a bakery right across the street, access to these is not a problem. Every time he goes over there he brings me back something from the bakery and it is usually a meringue and he knows I can't resist them. I have always wondered why he does this. Is he trying to prevent me from losing weight?

I came across a post called Friend or Foe over at Just Another *** Weight Loss Blog. The part of this blog that really stood out to me was "ultimately you need to be able to rely on and take responsibility for this journey yourself". I immediately thought of my husband and all the times he brings me food and not just meringues. Luckily for me, I have learned to say no to the potato scallops, the McFlurry's, the Crunchie chocolate bars, the packets of chips and the chocolate and caramel slices from the bakery. I began to wonder whether my husband was a friend or my foe? I am bad enough on my own at sabotaging my efforts without the help of someone close to me who knows how much I am trying to shed the kilos.

We were talking the other day and the subject of dreams came up. I told my husband how I had a dream with Kim Kardashian and how I was a little upset because even in my dreams I am the fat girl, but then a couple of nights after that I had another dream where there was some kind of reunion and I was skinny in it. I loved that dream! It was after this that my husband confessed to me that he didn't really want me to lose the weight because he is scared that when I do get to goal that I am going to leave him for someone else. It all makes sense now - naughty husband!



Today's workout began with Day 5 of the 30 Day Shred. I am quite surprised with the differences I can feel between Day 1 and now. I still detest jumping jacks, but my shoulders must be handling the squat and press up better now cause the burn is nowhere near as bad.

Another improvement I can feel is the "butt kicks". This is just jogging on the spot but kicking your heels up to your butt. On Day 1 I had trouble with these and was just doing the "easy" option where my heels were about half way to my butt, but now, I can actually kick my own butt.

Although I was happy with my progress, my legs weren't. When I jumped onto the treadmill and started my interval workout, I could really feel it, especially in my knee (stupid knee). I was all pumped to repeat Tuesday's treadmill workout because I absolutely loved it. How sad am I falling in love with a workout!

My knee really started to hurt around the 11th minute so I decided to crop the workout to 15 mins. I have learned a lot from Janae at The Hungry Runner girl, but one thing that always sticks out is "listen to your body". I know that if I push my knee it will put me out of action for at least 2 weeks and that's somewhere I don't want to go right now.

*workout*


*Cool Down*


*HRM Stats*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...