LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Things I am doing Right :)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Good-bye Beast
I  was lying awake last night thinking about ways I can dispose of the self-sabotaging beast, things I could do better, other changes I still need to make when I realised that I am not a total failure and that I have already made some positive changes to my life.

I also noticed that I always seem to be hard on myself for the times I stuff up, but I never really accept the times I have succeeded.  So today I am going to acknowledge the good things I have done.  I have started my list with something that I never thought would be possible for me to do.

I acknowledge & accept
  • I ran the Mother's Day Classic Fun Run in March 2011
  • I have lost just over 15 kilos (33 lbs)
  • I have gone from a size 24-26 to a size 18
  • I enjoy exercising
  • I can do more with my kids now rather than just spectating
  • My feet don't hurt anymore when I get out of bed in the morning
  • I can run up the stairs in my home
  • I have gone 28 days without Diet Coke or any other soft drink
  • I can limit myself to 1 meringue a week
  • I am satisfied with just 1 Tim Tam - gone are the days when I had to have 10
  • I don't buy chocolate every time I leave the house, I rarely eat it these days
  • I have muscles and I feel stronger
  • I rarely crave sugar
  • I snack on fruit not biscuits and chips
  • I am not a total failure - I can do this, I will do this
It was my niece's birthday yesterday and last night to celebrate her birthday, I had 1 cup cake and 2 lolly snakes and I was fine with that.  Even though everyone else was still eating cakes and sweets, what I had was enough for me.  I didn't even feel the urge or gorge myself - these are positive changes.  How can I be unhappy with what I have achieved so far?  I'm not!  

Sitting down and writing this post has made me realise that I am actually a little proud of myself.  I don't want to give up on myself which is what I have done for far too long.  I am going to fight all the way to the end.  I will beat my weight demons and I will be victorious.

Let the battle begin!

6 comments:

  1. Finally - you see what a fantastic job you are doing!! Imagine the list this time next year. x Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - you derserve that bif pat on the back!! Awesome job ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list - great progress!! Congratulations, that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 20, 2011

    What a fantastic list-you are doing amazing! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! I do believe it is more important to celebrate the successes and positive changes than bemoan the minor backslides. You get more of what you focus on so focus on the wonderful things you are doing and have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got the right idea. I think we spend too much time beating ourselves up instead of enjoying our successes. A positive frame of mind is half the battle.

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...