I was lying awake last night thinking about ways I can dispose of the self-sabotaging beast, things I could do better, other changes I still need to make when I realised that I am not a total failure and that I have already made some positive changes to my life.
I also noticed that I always seem to be hard on myself for the times I stuff up, but I never really accept the times I have succeeded. So today I am going to acknowledge the good things I have done. I have started my list with something that I never thought would be possible for me to do.
|I acknowledge & accept|
- I ran the Mother's Day Classic Fun Run in March 2011
- I have lost just over 15 kilos (33 lbs)
- I have gone from a size 24-26 to a size 18
- I enjoy exercising
- I can do more with my kids now rather than just spectating
- My feet don't hurt anymore when I get out of bed in the morning
- I can run up the stairs in my home
- I have gone 28 days without Diet Coke or any other soft drink
- I can limit myself to 1 meringue a week
- I am satisfied with just 1 Tim Tam - gone are the days when I had to have 10
- I don't buy chocolate every time I leave the house, I rarely eat it these days
- I have muscles and I feel stronger
- I rarely crave sugar
- I snack on fruit not biscuits and chips
- I am not a total failure - I can do this, I will do this
It was my niece's birthday yesterday and last night to celebrate her birthday, I had 1 cup cake and 2 lolly snakes and I was fine with that. Even though everyone else was still eating cakes and sweets, what I had was enough for me. I didn't even feel the urge or gorge myself - these are positive changes. How can I be unhappy with what I have achieved so far? I'm not!
Sitting down and writing this post has made me realise that I am actually a little proud of myself. I don't want to give up on myself which is what I have done for far too long. I am going to fight all the way to the end. I will beat my weight demons and I will be victorious.
Let the battle begin!