LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

I Ran the Run

Thursday, August 11, 2011


This morning I completed my 'Not' Over the Hill 5K Virtual Fun Run and I was really excited about it and pleased with my outcome and then I remembered that I forgot to put in the hill - what an idiot.  The hill was the one requirement needed to complete the run.  The good news is that I get to do the run again so luckily I didn't leave it till the last minute.  I have until the 13th to complete it, so  I will do the run again WITH A HILL on Saturday the 13th which will be the last minute.  I don't mind the extra 5k run or calories lost along the way - it is alllll good for me :)

*The Run*

I took my starting picture, frizzy hair and all (you can see why hubster calls me Frizz Nut.  You don't have to tell me how charming he is).  It's hard taking a photo of yourself in the mirror without the camera ending up in front of your face, but I some how managed it.  I don't look very excited, but I was.

I look like Man Hands from Seinfeld holding the camera

I jumped on to the vibration platform for a few minutes to get the legs warmed up a little and then hopped onto the treadmill, set the incline to 1 and started with a slow jog at a speed of 6.  Once I felt a little warmer I increased the speed up to 8 and tried to stay there for the majority of time.  Throughout the workout I played around with the speeds from 5 to 10.  I had to drop down to a 5 after a little time with the 10's to catch my breath.   

I stopped at the halfway mark (2.5 kms) for a quick toilet stop and photo opp.



After my much needed toilet stop (nerves, don't ask me why because I don't know, I'm just strange like that), I continued on till the end using pretty much the same technique.  I mixed the speeds between 4 and 10 this time cause I managed to run a little further on 10, but had to slow even more to get my breath back.  I did run the last 100 mts at a speed of 11 because I wanted to finish under 41 mins. 

My final time was.......



I am sort of glad that I stuffed this run up by forgetting the hill, because now I have another chance to do it and I would love to be able to beat my time and try a whole different technique to see the difference.

Here is my sweaty, red face from after the run.
I told you I wasn't joking about the beetroot look - attractive I know.

Here comes Australia's Next Top Super Model!!

That was my cardio workout for the day and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I followed the run with a 5 min cool down of just walking really, really slowly (speed of 2) and then I finished up the workout with Week 2, day 1 of the 200 squats program.  I was amazed that I was able to do the squats, but I think it was because I was already extremely warm.

*HRM Stats*
  • Duration : 55.12 mins
  • Calories : 635
  • Average HR : 165
  • Maximum HR : 190
  • In Zone : 10.54 mins
  • Distance : 5 kms

This run is my second Fun Run from #36 on my 101 Things in 1001 Days List.  I am finally making a little more progress on the list and on my attitude as well.  I can't believe that I am actually looking forward to doing the run again on Saturday.   I may even do it tomorrow depending on how I am feeling, well, on how my legs are feeling tomorrow.  I am sure they will be fine thanks to the super-duper vibration platform.  I forgot to stretch the other day after my incline workout, but I did use the platform and I wasn't sore at all - "fingers and toes luv".

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Hooray for running! Not a bad time either. Hooray also for post run sweaty pics in front of the mirror! My fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done!! And you can cross another fun run off the 101 list after the weekend!! Loving the photos x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I did it too so am loving reading all the reports. What is a vibration platform?

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...