LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

A Love, Hate Relationship

Tuesday, August 2, 2011


What I did this morning :
  • Treadmill
  • Dressed kids
  • Made breakfast for kids
  • Cleaned up 2 glasses of milk off the floor
  • Made lunch for child #1
  • Uncovered the bird
  • Cleaned bird cage
  • Fed bird
  • Fed fish (must clean tank later)
  • Took child #1 to school
  • Cut up apples for kids (snack #1)
  • Cut up carrots for kids (snack #2)
  • Swept the floor
  • Put washing away
  • Put more washing on
  • Finished the ironing
  • Hung out washing
  • Picked up apple and carrot off floor
  • Swept floor again
  • Started on dinner for tonight
  • Put toys away
  • Made guacamole and cheese sticks for kids (snack #3)
  • Sat down with a cup of coffee and magazine

This is when Your Magesty the husband came downstairs to leave for work.  Now because arse face husband takes the car, I can't get to the shops during the day so I asked him if he could pick up a packet of drinking straws on his way home from work only to receive a reply of "Why don't you pick up this apple instead of reading those books!" They're magazines idiot, not books!

I wanted to do this...........


 .......to his face!

*Workout*

This morning's workout was a nice 30 min treadmill interval with a focus on speed - workout #1.  I have missed these so much, I forgot how much I loved the interval workouts. 

It's been a few weeks since I have done an interval workout and I felt it.  My lungs were hurting, my legs were tired and burning and I really, really, really wanted to stop at minute 20.  I was soooo tempted to just stop, but I knew I would feel lousy for the rest of the day if I did so I just pushed myself to the end.

The last 10 mins alternate between a speed of 10 and 4 (1 min of each) and because I was already feeling like crawling away and dying on the floor I really had to force myself to keep going - it was hard. I have learned that I don't have to do the interval workouts every day, but I need to keep them going.  They really do help with my fitness and speed.  I finished up with a 5 min cool down and some stretching while on the vibration platform (love that thing).  I also decided to re-start the 200 squats challenge - Week 1, Day 1.  It only took 5 mins so I can't complain about that!

The best thing about this morning's workout was that I did it first thing - it is done and dusted and now I don't have that nagging feeling hanging over my head all day.

*HRM Stats*

  • Duration : 40.56 mins
  • Calories : 443
  • Average HR : 159
  • Maximum HR : 187
  • In Zone : 14.22 mins
  • Distance : 3.5 kms

*Envelope Goals*

My husband was talking to me about my weight last night and he came up with an idea he thinks will help me.  He has actually noticed that I lose motivation quite easily so he thinks it is a good idea that I write down what goals I want to achieve and in what time frame.  

Next, I have to put the goals into an envelope and on the front, write the date that I am wanting to achieve that particular goal by.  The enveloped can not be opened before the date that is written on the front.  If I succeed I get a prize (not food) and if I fail I am to punish myself - go without a favourite item / food until the goal is achieved.  

It's actually not a bad idea!  I think I will give it a go and see how / if it helps in anyway.  I can use as much motivation in any form as I can get.

1 comment:

  1. I like the envelope idea! Any idea for your rewards ... maybe hubby doing your job for a day!!

    ReplyDelete

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...