LilySlim

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Morning Workouts & Mars Bars

Thursday, August 4, 2011

To my amazement, I am actually starting to look forward to and enjoy my morning workouts.  I have to set the alarm for 5.30 am for my 6 am start.  I'm not one of those people who can just jump straight out of bed and get going, I like to lie there for a while, slowly waking up and enjoying the quiet.


This morning's workout was (as usual) on the treadmill.  It was a 30 min combination interval workout  (#2) with the main focus on speed and a little focus on the incline.  I put a small incline at the end of this one because I am usually ready to fall off after the 24th minute and also, because I just couldn't handle any more speed.

After the treadmill, I did day 2 (week 1) of the 200 squats program.  My legs were really feeling it, but I don't know if it was because they were sore from the treadmill or sore from Tuesday's squats.

*HRM Stats*
  • Duration : 43.47 mins
  • Calories : 429
  • Average HR : 149
  • Maximum HR : 169
  • In Zone : 21.15 mins
  • Distance : 3 kms

*Mars Bars*

Mmmmmm, Mars Bars!  Who doesn't enjoy a Mars Bar?  I am sure there are people out there who don't like them, but for me they are a little piece of heaven and they are even better when frozen.  I am a huge frozen Mars Bar fan for a couple of reasons (1) They last longer and (2) I like things cold.

When I was at the checkout yesterday the bars were calling to me.  I was telling myself "no" and doing my best to stop myself from looking in their direction when I remembered 25%.  I decided that this would be the perfect 25% test and I bought one.

*1 Mars Bar*


*25% principle Mars Bar*
 


Once the bar was cut up into quarters, I wrapped each little piece in Glad wrap and then put it into a zip-lock bag and popped it into the freezer.  I still haven't had a piece cause I am waiting for a chocolate craving, gone are the days when I ate chocolate just because it was there.  I like having a reason to eat it now.  I am excited to see how the 25% principle works with chocolate and whether it will be a satisfying experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Possible Interest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...